O’Connor Insurance is an independent insurance agency established in 1975. A true friend to your board members and property manager, we are known for our expertise in homeowner and condominium associations, insuring over 400 associations in the greater
St. Louis Bi-State region. With few exceptions, we are able to access any insurance product on your behalf including specialty products designed specifically for community associations for your property, general liability, fidelity, directors and officers, umbrella, workers compensation, and employee benefits.
Specializing in the insurance needs of community associations for over 35 years, we lend our expertise to your directors and trustees to offer solutions to protect the common interests of the members of your community. Whether you represent a single family homeowners association or a high rise condominium complex – we have access to insurance markets that can adequately safeguard your physical, financial, and intangible assets.
We go a step further by making the following services available to our community associations:
- We quote several insurance companies, keeping apprised of the most favorable markets for your insurance requirements. We provide coverage summaries with comparisons each year to the board members and property manager so they have a snapshot of their insurance coverage and options enabling them to easily make decisions.
- We mail a Master Insurance Policy Synopsis to each owner every year, or as requested, in an easy-to-read format which explains the owners’ insurance responsibilities so that they can purchase the right amount of coverage needed to dovetail with the master policy.
- We help the owners with their claims so they are adjusted with all the coverage available to them. Many insurance professionals do not understand how to coordinate the Master Policy and the Personal Policies so there are no gaps in coverage.
- Proper protection of directors and trustees requires coverage specific to the emotionally driven claims that occur in community associations. We offer the broadest coverage available and will aid in careful evaluation of available options.
- We provide mortgagees with prompt proof of insurance so closings may proceed unimpeded. Requests can be made on our website, by email, fax, or phone.
We are actively involved in the Heartland Chapter of CAI, Community Associations Institute. Karen O’Connor Corrigan, CIRMS, CIC
is one of few insurance professionals who has earned the Community Insurance and Risk Management Specialist designation. Karen shares her expertise with our staff as well as property management offices through educational presentations. All members of our staff have extensive experience insuring community associations and their owners. Please allow us the opportunity to put this expertise to work for you.
Your Total Protection is Our Priority!