Is how electronic voting safe and how are votes counted and can the results be tampered with. Thank You
Electronic voting is generally a safe method of voting. Most systems already have methods in place for counting and securing votes.
In Florida, an HOA may use e-voting provided the online voting system is able to do the following:
1. Authenticate the unit owner’s identity
2. Authenticate the validity of each electronic vote to ensure that the vote is not altered in transit
3. Transmit a receipt from the online voting system to each unit owner who casts an electronic vote
4. Permanently separate any authentication or identifying information from the electronic election ballot, rendering it impossible to tie an election ballot to a specific unit owner (for board elections)
5. Able to store and keep electronic votes accessible to election officials for recount, inspection, and review purposes
Disclaimer: We are not lawyers. The information provided on this website does not constitute legal advice.