Allergy to grass

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    shadow5
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

My daughter is severely allergic to grass. She has also been diagnosed with severe eczema and is autistic so sensory is a big thing for her. The HOA Board has been explicitly clear that for aesthetic reasons every house is to have LIVE grass in the front yard. The CC&R’s do not state that we MUST have grass. It only stated that households must MAINTAIN their front yards. According to the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) I have the legal right to make the proper adjustments as needed for my daughter to properly enjoy our front yard without harm to her. Does the board have a legal right to deny my ARC application to put stone paving in my front yard? I don’t know if this matters but this is in Clark County Washington, in the city of Camas.

melinda_s
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi shadow5,

Your HOA should make reasonable accommodations for your daughter if she falls under the ADA. Does the board know about her disability? I would consider letting them know. And if they still deny your application, you can file a complaint with the Department of Justice or your local authority on ADA. In Washington, it would be wsdotada@wsdot.wa.gov or call toll free 855-362-4ADA (4232).

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo