Can I ask management company to give a list of employees?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    timothadeus
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

I’m thinking about asking our management company to provide a list of their employees for the sake of transparency. Since homeowners (including me) pay the dues that pays for management fees, I feel like this is our right, but some of the other board members disagree. Thoughts?

ollieoxen
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Are you asking for a full list of their employees (that’s probably an extensive list) or just those working in your community? Because I don’t see why you would need even the names of back-end employees “for the sake of transparency.”

magdagonz
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Our management company gives us an annual report consisting of the names of managers, staff members, and accountants who are handling our HOA. We don’t ask for it – they just give it to us voluntarily. We also don’t ask for the names of other employees who are not handling our HOA because there is no point to it. I think you can askk your management company for the list of employees taking care of your HOA but anything beyond that seems a bit unreasonable, don’t you think?

timothadeus
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I don’t think it’s unreasonable a tall. If they have an employee with ah istory of fraud or criminal activity, I think we have a right to know. We don’t want a management company if it comes with a higher risk of financial dishonesty.

magdagonz
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Whether your management company chooses to hire ex-cons is totally up to them and their judgment. You don’t get a say in that. Also, how would you even know thay hire ex-cons? Are you gonna do a background check on every employee? Sounds like a lot of wasted time and resources. It could also be seen as discriminatory.

serena_28
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Ex-cons get a bad rap. Their trying to rehabilitate themselves but society won’t let them. Just trust your management company. They know what their doing.

nixxiepull
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Ah, another entitled homeowner, I see.

timothadeus
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’m not entitled. It’s a perfectly reasonable request. I just want to know if they’re going to take care of our association.

magdagonz
    Participant
    Up
    Down

In that case, you can ask for the employees who are working on your account/association. It doesn’t make sense to ask for all the names of the employees, even the ones who have nothing to do with your HOA.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo