Can the board force me to remove a decorative wheelbarrow?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    viviancortez
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

Can somebody interpret this for me? I keep a decorative wheelbarrow in my front yard (I’m very into cottagecore) but my HOA says I need to remove it because it doesn’t conform with our architectural standards. Nowhere in our docs does it say that wheelbarrows are not allowed. The board is saying that it falls under a provision that says “No landscaping features must be unsightly.” In my opinion, “unsightly” is very broad and my decorative wheelbarrow is definitely far from unsightly. Who is right?

kris10xoxo
    Participant
    Up
    Down

This is the problem with vague provisions in the declaration. I would recommend following your board’s interpretation and just removing the wheelbarrow. Then, I recommend amending your documents to be more specific. Or at least include a provision that says certain terms are under the discretion of the board to define.

anthony_s2
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I also believe your board is correct. Vague terms are generally for the board to interpret.

viviancortez
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Previous boards have never called me out for this. Only this new board.

kris10xoxo
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Differing interpretations, I suppose. Again, best to follow this current board’s direction and amend the documents to be more specific.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo