Cell towers in our POA

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    spockman63
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

What do yall think about cell towers?

hoaprez3
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Are you talking about letting a telecommunications company install a cell tower in your POA? If so, I think it has its pros and cons.

Pros:
    -Added revenue
    -Better cell signal for owners

Cons:
    -Unattractive
    -Might be difficult to coordinate with the company
    -Homeowners might be against it
    -If you believe some studies, there might be health issues related to the signals

Check your CC&Rs as well if they allow you to do that sort of thing. If you decide to go for it, make sure to iron out all the specifics with the company. Get a good contract in place that favors the HOA. Have your lawyer check it.

spockman63
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I am defiantly against it but my fellow directors are seriously considering it because the company’s offering a huge sum. How can I convince them not to push through with it?

hoaprez3
    Participant
    Up
    Down

All you can really do is present your argument to them. You can’t do much about forcing them to make the same decision as you. Some things you might want to raise include:

-Where is the company going to install the tower?
    -What is it going to look like?
    -Is there any way they can make it blend in with the neighborhood?
    -Is the company going to be responsible for all maintenance, repairs, and upgrades?
    -How much access will you give the company? Can they just come and go as they please?

spockman63
    Participant
    Up
    Down

OK thanks. I’ll try my best.

serena_28
    Participant
    Up
    Down

We have a cell tower in our community and for the most part it’s good. The extra income really helps lower dues and homeowners are pretty happy about it. But there are some who didn’t want it at first. You might need to get approval from homeowners tho. Read your documents. You don’t wanna be on the hook for making a decision without getting required approval. Godspeed.

spockman63
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks. As far as I know, we don’t need to get approval, but I’ll check again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo