Changing Bylaws

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    t10461
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

Can anyone tell me if the state of North Carolina must approve or must have input as to the changing of a bylaw in an HOA within that state? I’m hearing conflicting information.

TIA!!!

Dell
    Participant
    Up
    Down

t10461,

I have been reading HOA/COA laws nationwide for many years, including those sections pertaining to amendments of governing documents such as bylaws.

The only “input” from the state of which I can think is rather passive. For example, the North Carolina Planned Community Act Chapter 47F (a statute) requires the bylaws to provide:

(1) The number of members of the executive board and the titles of the officers of the association;
    (2) Election by the executive board of officers of the association;
    (3) The qualifications, powers and duties, terms of office, and manner of electing and removing executive board members and officers and filling vacancies;
    (4) Which, if any, of its powers the executive board or officers may delegate to other persons or to a managing agent;
    (5) Which of its officers may prepare, execute, certify, and record amendments to the declaration on behalf of the association; and
    (6) The method of amending the bylaws.

If you describe the specific change being sought, I might have more to say. Also please indicate (1) which HOA/COA statute applies to your HOA and (2) whether your HOA is a corporation.

hoaprez3
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I think it depends on your bylaws. Our bylaws say that amending them needs a vote from the board but not the members.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo