Encouraging the board to bring back face to face meetings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    emile48
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

We had to meet virtually during covid but now that that’s largely behind us I want to restart face to face meetings but I’m getting some pushback from other memebrs ofthe board. I just feel like we accomplish more during face to face meetings and there is little room for miscommunication compared to virutal meetings. Any advice? Have you returned to face to face meetings?

peggysus
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I am also not a big fan of virtual meetings as I find them to be less efficient. That being said, it is not up to you to decide whether or not to return to in-person meetings. It must be a collective and group decision. And I do think virtual meetings have some benefits, too.

rebecca086
    Participant
    Up
    Down

We haven’t returned to face-to-face meetings and so far so good. I find that we are just as effective either way.

irvinec
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The pandemic is NOT “largely behind us,” as you claim. There are still people struggling with it, and you have no idea what kind of health issues your fellow board members (and their families) are facing. It’s selfish to push for physical meetings when you don’t know the whole story. If you manage to get things done during virtual meetings anyway, then I don’t see why you NEED to meet physically.

emile48
    Participant
    Up
    Down

You are right. I had not considered what others are going through health wise.

ton1
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I am on the board of a smalll HOA and we don’t have any meeting rooms for us to meet physically. We have had to rely on restaurants, cafes, and co-working spaces in the past (pre-pandemic). Now, there are still some places that we used to go to that are not accepting large groups or are still not open for events. So virtual meetings are not just a matter of efficiency for us – it’s also much more practical. Anyone can attend from anywhere with an internet connection.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo