How many bids should we get for a cleaning company?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gideon1964
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi there! We’re a new HOA so we don’t really know how to do all of this yet. We’re looking to hire a cleaning company that can service our common areas on a regular basis. How many bids do you think we need to obtain?

kate_anders
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Most people will tell you three bids is the standard. I find that it depends on the type of job and where you are. Associations in small cities, for example, might not have a big pool of options. So it depends on you.

gideon1964
    Participant
    Up
    Down

We’re located in Lincoln, NE.

kate_anders
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Okay. So that’s a pretty big city, I’m guessing. Three bids should be good, especially since you want the company to clean regularly.

claireh10
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Three is the industry standard, yes. But if you can’t find that many companies to begin with, you don’t have to force yourself. Just make sure you made an effort — and to document those efforts so nobody questions your board in the future.

fennelstew
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I agree. Here’s another tip: source your companies from other communities in your area. Ask for recommendations or referrals. Those are companies you can trust because they’ve proven their reliability and quality of services. Good luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo