How to remove HOA president?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gemini22
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

I live in an HOA community in california and im wondering how we can remove our current board president (who only won the elections because he was the only one running) i have nothing personal against him but hes just not very good at his job as far as I can tell

shemco
    Participant
    Up
    Down

How’s your president bad at his job exactly?

gemini22
    Participant
    Up
    Down

He doesnt go to board meetings or care about the problems of the community and just generally doesnt seem interested in his job (this is from what I heard from a neighbor whos also on the board)

curtis99
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Not sure about the law in CA but where I live, it’s kinda vague. I advise you to check your bylaws to see if there’s anything you can do, OP.

shemco
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Maybe you can try talking to your president first before going straight to removal. If he/she was the only person who ran for the seat, won’t you have a hard time filling the vacancy if you remove him/her?

profdan_h
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Hi gemini22,

Sounds like you have a real problem there. Fortunately, California law allows you to remove board directors through a vote by secret ballot. If you have less than 50 members, a majority vote is required. If you have 50 or more members, you need to establish a quorum and have a vote by the majority of those represented.

Good luck!

gemini22
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks a bunch everyone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo