Looking for ways to reduce expenses

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bluebeard1
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

I’m running for the board this year on a platform of lowering assessments for everybody. Just wondering if you have any ideas on how I can reduce expenses so I can present them at the meeting? Need your help, thanks.

dolphran
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Why do you want to lower your assessments? Are they too high? Just wanna warn you that too low assessments aren’t any better than too high. Your HOA can quickly run out of funds to pay for maintenance and upkeep, which is bad for everyone

aidamartinsen
    Participant
    Up
    Down

This is my first time here but I wanna share the ways we used to lower our expenses: 1) We reexamined our contracts with our vendors and found that some of the services weren’t really important. So we cut those out and renegotiated a better price. 2) We put off a lot of the projects that weren’t very urgent – clubhouse renovations, meeting room improvements, etc. 3) Among the improvements that we did keep was to replace our irrigation system with a smart one. It uses much less water and energy, so you’ll save money in the long run. 4) Energy is one of the most expensive utilities, so we replaced all our lighting fixtures with LED ones. 5) As a way to increase revenue without increasing dues, we started renting out common facilities like our clubhouse and pool areas to residents who need a venue for parties, gatherings, etc. Worked wonders as we were fully booked for many weeks when we first started! Good luck with your campaign!

claireh10
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Might be controversial but had you considered lowering reserve fund contributions?

houseofrio
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I love your ideas, thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo