Need a good lawyer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    emile48
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

I’m planning on suing my POA because they keep slapping me with fines even though I am in the right

aidamartinsen
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Before you sue, I advise you to get your lawyer to examine your case first and see if you have a fighting chance. What exactly are the fines for? How are you sure you’re in the right?

emile48
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I absolutely know I am in the right because there is nothing in the CCR saying I can’t have a fence over 4ft tall but the POA is saying that my 5ft fence is in violation

aidamartinsen
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Does it say anything else about fences? Some vague or general guidelines may be a source of misinterpretation. The board usually has discretion over how to interpret them.

emile48
    Participant
    Up
    Down

It just says tall fences are disallowed but no definition on what tall is but the violation letter they sent me says no fences over 4ft tall

aidamartinsen
    Participant
    Up
    Down

In this case, I would advise you not to sue. It looks like your declaration is pretty vague on tall fences by not defining what constitutes tall. As I said before, your board generally has discretion over how to interpret tall. You might not have a case.

nattacked385
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I disagree. I think you can fight this since the documents are unclear. It should be the board’s job to make things clear. This website actually lists lawyers per location so check it out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo