Renting out amenities – good idea??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Henry5815
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

We have a fairly small community of our 20 homes. We have a clubhouse and a pool – that’s it. We’re looking to earn a bit more revenue to supplement our budget and lower monthly owner fees and are considering renting out our two amenities. Do you think this is a good idea? Have you tried this before?

connor_g91
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I think it’s a great idea. It definitely helped our HOA make up for some of the delinquencies (though we’re still actively pursuing those).

naldofive7
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Be careful with this. You might open your HOA up to potential liability. I would suggest consulting your lawyer first before doing anything. And you should seek input from the membership to see if they agree with such a change especially if you are in a private community. Welcoming strangers into the neighborhood might not sit well with them.

faewin45
    Participant
    Up
    Down

To add to the above point, I recommend allowing only homeowners to rent your facilities, although that might not supplement your budget by too much since you are only 20 homes. But not allowing the general public to rent out the facilities is a good way to limit liability I think. Based on my experiecne anyway.

Henry5815
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you for your responses! I will consider everything you said.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo