Roads in disrepair

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bluebeard1
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

The roads in our neighborhood are atrocious! I have complained to my HOA multiple times but they are taking no action at all. I am under the impression that roads are the HOA’s responsibility. Is this not true?? Please help! Planning to sue if the HOA still does not do anything.

gemini22
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Are the roads private or public property? If the HOA owns the roads, then it is absolutely the HOA’s responsibility to maintain and repair them. If the roads are public or you’re not in a gated community, then your local government is likely responsible for them. Direct your complaints to the local government or DOT instead.

peoniesforme
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I agree with the above. Also, just as a warning to OP, suing is not always the answer to everything. Your HOA likely has good insurance to cover legal fees, but you don’t. Lawsuits can cost a fortune, and there is no guarantee than you’ll win. Besides, suing your HOA is like suing yourself and your neighbors. In the end, the HOA is an entity and it sources its funds from homeowners like you.

bluebeard1
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I am aware that suing is not always good. But I feel that I have been left with no choice at this point. Several of my neighbors and I are suffering because of these roads and it is unfair that we pay dues that go to nothing.

peoniesforme
    Participant
    Up
    Down

As I said, gemini22 offers sage advice. Find out if the roads are private or public. That should be a good place to start. If you find that the HOA owns the roads and is responsible for their maintenance, then you might have a better chance at winning the lawsuit. However, I’d advise you to first bring this to the attention of your HOA board. Perhaps they are in the midst of planning action. Some homeowners expect things to magically be repaired overnight. Unfortunately, that is not how the world works.

bluebeard1
    Participant
    Up
    Down

We have brought this to the attention of the HOA several months ago. I am not asking for overnight results. Do not comment on things you don’t know.

peoniesforme
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’m only offering advice, OP. Calm down. This is a forum. You asked for input, I’m giving it to you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo