Trouble getting owners interested

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jacobfp
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

HOA involvement just ain’t what it used to be. Previously our meetings would be packed and we would have social events regularly because our residnets liked to mingle and get to know one another. Nowadays things have changed and nobody wants anything to do with the HOA anymore. Less than 10 owners attended our last meeting and we hardly do social events anymore because attendance has been dwindling. I have noticed that we have had an increase in young owners as of late which may be contributing to this attendance issue. Young people don’t seem to be very interested in community participation. Any ideas how we can get them excited about being part of an HOA?

anthony_s2
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’d restart the social events if I were you — but update them. Do more social events that specifically target the young people in your community. Not sure what those events would be as I am not a young person myself but I imagine this will work for you. Perhaps charity fundraisers or a community-wide cleanup?

jacobfp
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you for your response. The problem is our board and committees are run by middle-aged people (like me) so we have no idea how to understand the likes and dislikes of our new neighbors.

irvinec
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Try a welcome committee for new owners. Knock on their doors to give them a welcome basket and invite them to a welcome party. Free food and music always seem to work for us.

ollieoxen
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Two words for you: SOCIAL MEDIA. Kids are always on social media. Your HOA should maintain a social presence as well. Far more effective than handing out flyers or calling them individually.

jacobfp
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you for your response! I will try your suggestions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo