Need to have some voting for Board Members info
1. Who collects ballots?
2. Who counts ballots?
3. Are paper ballots better than Email?
4. Do ballots need to be anonimous?
5. If there is a tie vote, how is that handled?
6. Is there a written procedure that describes the entire voting process?
I can’t speak for everyone but this is what we do in our HOA:
1. We hire a separate agency to supervise our elections and collect our ballots. We mail them over to their office.
2. The agency.
3. Based on experience, I would say paper ballots are preferred because there is less room for fraud or error.
4. It depends on your HOA. We include our lot number in our ballots. If your bylaws say you need to use secret ballots, then they have to be anonymous.
5. Your bylaws should be able to tell you that.
6. Your bylaws.
Most of the information your looking for is found within your community bylaws. If you dont have bylaws or have incomplete bylaws then you should do something about that. Amend your bylaws and outline your election procedure as specifically as you can. Best of luck.