Requiring an ID to use amenities

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hamstercarrot
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

Our HOA has implemented a new rule requiring residents to show an ID (driver’s license) with an address that corresponds to one in the community. If the address doesn’t match, you can’t use the pool/clubhouse. This has become a real problem for a lot of homeowners here because not everyone has IDs with the same address. For instance, while I do own a home in this community, it is my second home, so my primary address is different in my license. This is also a problem for renters because they can’t use the amenities for obvious reasons. Has anyone else run into a problem like this?

leon029
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Shocking as it may be – that’s actually a pretty common policy in many home owners assocs. Even without looking at your documents, I’m pretty sure your board has the power to implement such a rule.

annap_14
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I disagree. The rule seems unreasonable to me so maybe you have a case here. I recommend you go to a lawyer for help.

irvinec
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Showing ID seems excessive. Shouldn’t your HOA have a master list of residents? They can just base the right of amenity use from there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo