Golf cart ban

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Wayne1982
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

My association has a ban on golf carts and I think its totally unreasonable. Have any members here encoutnered the same? What did you do? How did you fight it? Will litigation help?

annap_14
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I think a ban on golf carts is reasonable for the most part. Your HOA wants to control the types of vehicles that come through the neighborhood. Maybe golf carts are unsightly or unsafe. Maybe they cause accidents. Your HOA probably has done its research on this and is basing the rule on something substantial.

lolitaQ
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I generally don’t recommend jumping to litigation for this type of thing. Resolving such a dispute INTERNALLY is always better than going straight to court. Lawsuits are expensive (for both parties involved) and they unnecessarily pull other owners into the mess. Plus, you won’t actually be suing “the system” or something like that. When you sue the HOA, you’re really suing yourself and your fellow homeowners. You’re the ones who have to pay in the end because the fees are coming FROM YOU.

Wayne1982
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Its unreasonable because we are a golf community. How can they ban golf carts??

annap_14
    Participant
    Up
    Down

What do your governing documents say? Best place to look is your documents. They are your bible here.

Wayne1982
    Participant
    Up
    Down

How am I sposed to know? Its all legal gibbersih to me.

annap_14
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I agree with lolitaQ that litigation is NOT the answer. That said, if you’re having a hard time interpreting your docs, best to have someone else interpret them for you. Best of luck.

tenten1977
    Participant
    Up
    Down

A golf community that doesn’t allow golf carts? Sounds absurd.

Wayne1982
    Participant
    Up
    Down

My point exaclty!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo