Remote Work In HOA Affecting Community Life

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    enginecore
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

We have 50+ homes in our HOA. Ever since COVID, we’ve had a sizable increase in remote workers. Don’t get me wrong – I’m all for it. Residents are spending more time at home and seem happier overall. But it has had an impact on life in the community. All of a sudden, there are too many people everywhere – at the pool, at the fitness center, in our lounge areas. Nothing wrong with that obviously, but we’ve found that there’s been a higher rate of wear and tear on things like gym equipment, seats and couches, etc. We might need to update our reserve study to make sure we’re still in the clear. Plus, there’s been more rule-breaking. People are littering more often and parking has been a big issue as well. Noise is also becoming a problem. So I guess my question is what can we do about it? And have you had similar experiences?

jeannie13
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I have noticed this too in our condo. People staying at home more is leading to an increase in problems. But it’s not like we can ask them to stop spending time at home or in common areas.

You already talked about updating your reserve study. That’s a good first step and one that we also took. As for the violations, just enforce them. If you keep enforcing them, owners are going to either a) stop or b) pay the fines or suffer the consequences. That’s just how HOAs work.

frankiefurter
    Participant
    Up
    Down

We’ve had the opposite effect. Residents in our HOA are going out more (to restaurants, bars, what have you) because they’re sick of being stuck at home all week.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo